Archive of the former Yahoo!Groups mailing list: MOTM

Subject: Re: [motm] DIY keyboard

From: "J. Larry Hendry" <jlarryh@...>
Date: 2000-08-13

It is reported (without any attention on my part) to have been purchased
from Dr. Moog himself, by the buyer before me. I found it on e-bay It's
past owner ship was not my concern. I just liked the price and challenge to
"learn by doing."

> If space would permit you might think of putting in two
> joysticks or a wheel. This would allow you to control
> the obvious things like pitch and filter cutoff frequency
> as well as having a separate way of controlling some
> sort of modulation (like cross modulation between two
> VCOs) -- just a thought.

I am "looking" for thoughts like this.

> I'd think that velocity and keyboard splitting would be
> a lot of extra work, and easier with some sort of uP than
> hardware -- better suited to Paul's 8051 project with a
> scanning keyboard (plus all the other stuff you could make
> that do).

Probably beyond my ability. I am not interested in uP.

> I think a "basic" 3 buss keyboard project can be found in
> Barry Klein's book and Tomg used to have a keyboard PCB
> at his site.

Great. I am not familiar with the Klein book (more of my ignorance
showing). What the book title? I will check out Tomg's site too.

> Good luck with this!

I am going to need it. It will be a great learning experience since I am
obviously not adequetly prepared to tackle the job with what I know today.

Larry