Archive of the former Yahoo!Groups mailing list: MOTM

Subject: Re: [motm] MOTM DIY - Was: List OK?

From: jwbarlow@...
Date: 2000-06-29

In a message dated 6/28/2000 5:02:45 PM, nate@... writes:

>I wonder how hard it would be modify a module like that to effect the
>scaling not the offset. a module that could switch tracking on the fly
>to control a filter (kinda like the moogs had 1/3, 2/3 and full) -Nate

Couldn't one just run the keyboard voltage through an attenuator and have a
bypass switch for the straight keyboard voltage? I would use external knobs
to set the scaling anyway (so that it could be adjusted for any particular
ratio needed). Note: if you wanted ratios greater than one, you'd need to add
at least one op amp (or similar active electronics).

Great work Larry -- you are obviously very happy with it. I can imagine this
would be a real great module in a performance situation. I absolutely don't
mind people posting the schematics, pictures, and descriptions of diy modules
to the list (people who don't like it can just delete it). I think MOTM is a
great diy platform for unusual modules, and sometimes these diy discussions
could lead to developments in the MOTM line. And I don't see how anyone could
complain with the list as slow as it's been for the past few days.

Sitting in almost no pain.
JB