Archive of the former Yahoo!Groups mailing list: MOTM

previous by date index next by date
  topic list  

Subject: RE: [motm] silly question

From: "Tkacs, Ken" <ken.tkacs@...>
Date: 2000-04-18

I know exactly what you mean. I am constantly finding circuits (without VC)
that I want to tinker with, but me feeble EE knowledge can't figure out how
to replace a pot in a schematic with a CV input.

I wonder if there isn't some generic circuit that could do this. An
optocoupler? Something like that? I would love it if someone could whip up a
schematic that could directly replace, say, a 100k pot, that adds a CV in
jack, attenuator, and initial settings pot. Then maybe just values need to
be tinkered with to replace other value pots.... A small table could show
those values...

Maybe it's oversimplifying to hope for this...?

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Alan Hunsicker [mailto:nate@...]
Sent:Monday, 17 April, 2000 10:29 PM
To:MOTM Newsgroup
Subject:[motm] silly question

<< File: Card for Nathan Alan Hunsicker >> Is there any simple circuit that
could be made to permit voltage control
over any pot? My question probably doesn't make much sense, and with my
limited electrical knowledge, I probably won't explain it very well
either. What I was thinking of was a circuit designed to simulate a
pot. A simple circuit with a CV in, a CV attenuator, and 3 wires to
replace the pot, 2 to provide a constant resistance and one to vary
according to CV. This would be a simple solution to those of us who want
voltage control over the freq. on their MOTM-420's or the wet/dry
control on a spring reverb. Maybe I'm out of my mind here, and this is
an impossibility, but it's worth throwing out. Let me know if it's
possible or if it would involve too much circuitry. -Nate