Archive of the former Yahoo!Groups mailing list: MOTM

Subject: Re: [motm] New Power Supply Discussion

From: jwbarlow@...
Date: 2000-04-14

In a message dated 4/13/2000 1:28:57 PM, daveb@... writes:

>Me too. I opted for a heavier PowerOne (bought it from DigiKey) that puts
>out not quite double the current of the MOTM 900, because I'm powering
>close
>to 30 modules with it. It just mounts in the back and takes up no panel
>space at all. I order the 12 connector power distribution boards from Paul
>as my module complement grows, and have 3 of them in my cabinet now.

I assume you're using the HBB15 (1.5 amps a side) -- this is what I've got
too, though I did mount it on a MOTM 900 panel. Have you checked how much
current you're drawing? I'd like to know. I'm not sure how close to the max
I'd like to go, but I've only got less than 20 modules running off it so far.
It seems like the HAA 15 (0.8 amps a side) that Paul ships with the 900 can
supply more modules than I first thought.

JB