I thought I'd tell potential and current Expressionist owners on this list
about the design requests that I have made to Tony K for his next rev of the
Expressionist firmware. Tony is a great guy, and eager to get back to
improving this great product as soon as he digs out a little from the Knobby
Standard disclaimer: he hasn't promised any of this to me (except for the
sustain pedal fix), but has been encouraging about most of it.
1. 4th built in LFO,(already planned)
2. Midi CC realtime control of LFO rates
3. Add several new key assignment modes ala Emu 4060 poly controller and
Oberheim 4 Voice. Rotate, Poly All (play all assigned channels, divided up
amongst depressed keys), a true mono low note priority mode, etc.
4. CV channel linking to allow poly 4 note mode with individual velocity
outputs per channel.
5. Exponential curves for the equal time glide mode. This is less likely to
happen, and I now think I'll use external analog lag circuits anyway.
Principal Software Engineer
Engineering Animation, Inc.daveb@...