Archive of the former Yahoo!Groups mailing list: MOTM

  topic list next in topic

Subject: MOTM vs Blac** Ring Mod

From: "thomas white" <djthomaswhite@...>
Date: 2000-02-09

Hi Friend,

The Blacet Ring Mod is a unique tool with more adjustments for the ring-mod
sound than the MOTM. The waveshape adjustments of the onboard carrier are a
cool addition. I think that my MOTM, under the proper input circumstances
sounds far smoother/cleaner siganl to noise than the Blacet. It is truly an
unfair comparison due to all of those extra adjustments/inputs on the
Blacet. The MOTM is fantastic at ring modulation and I have already used it
together with a 300 VCO, 320 LFO and 420 Filter in one of my new songs. I am
glad I have both for the functionality of the combo. Are there any plans for
a crazy super-extravagant MOTM ring mod in the future?

I would also love a uVCA module or two.

Thanks for listening,

Thomas White