Archive of the former Yahoo!Groups mailing list: Yamaha CS80

Subject: Re: [yamahacs80] Ordering IC Parts Need Help

From: steve kodnel <dzlvs8@...>
Date: 2011-05-08

Alright, my order is about ready, but I am thinking I should probably ask this question in order to take cut my order price down by 90%.  I think it was old crow's website that recommended using this part numberED2101-ND    IC SOCKET W/CAP TIN MS ST 14 PIN
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?vendor=0&keywords=ED2101-ndfor the 14 pin IC sockets.
These things are ridiculously expensive!!!!!!!  1.  Is this really necessary or can I just get some cheapo ones that dont have the capacitor in them