Archive of the former Yahoo!Groups mailing list: Yamaha CS80

Subject: Re: [yamahacs80] Re: Duck season! Rabbit season! Analog season!

From: David Rogoff <david@...>
Date: 2010-08-09

Daniel Forró wrote:
> Great. Was the table always so empty or was there still some food
> after getting all that gear :-)

The table should be filled with Red-Bull and vodka :)
> I owned two Polymoog Synthesizers few years ago, now they are in
> Vienna Technical Museum, they bought it from me...
> That keyboard at the right side is Kurzweil Midiboard? My dreamy
> masterkeyboard, I want to buy it.
It's a V3 MIDIBoard, which had the much nicer keyboard action and the
added features (arpeggiator, etc). I've previously owned (and sold to
CS80 owners who I installed Kenton MIDI kits for) a V1 and a V2.
There's some problem with it, but I just haven't even gotten around to
seeing whether it's an hour repair or toast. It has to wait for at
least the Polymoogs to be fixed first, but I will probably sell it when
I get it working.

> For now I try to repair dead
> powerbox for my K250.
That's pretty easy. I bought a K250 Expander a few years ago. The
5-volt supply was dead but, on the Kurzweil group, I found a part number
for a whole new board that dropped right in and it all worked fine! If
it's the other supply, I think you can buy a replacement board for that too.

> CS80 still waiting for maintenance..
Seems to be a lot of that going around.