Archive of the former Yahoo!Groups mailing list: Yamaha CS80

Subject: Re: [yamahacs80] Re: Ribbon Controller

From: rj krohn <r_j_d_2.phila@...>
Date: 2007-11-21

hey kent, thanks for this. i wasnt EXPECTING the chips to go that low, i was merely throwing some numbers on the table, as it looked like you needed some concrete commitment from members of the group. whatever they shake out to be, i absolutely need 1 VCO and 1VCF, minimum. frankly speaking, the higher they end up being, the less spares i will buy.(of course i know that you are not in control of how much they will be!)

also, thanks so much for your participation here, and for trailblazing the new chip discussions with yamaha!!! they are truly awesome-i totally agree, the CS80 is the best synthesizer ever created.

kent_spong <kent_spong@...> wrote: I can understand how no one wants' to commit to something like this,
I sure as hell wouldn't.

But lets be sensible about this please. $25 for a 153, yeah good
luck finding that buddy. You can't get a CEM3340 for that these days.

The point here is not how much they are going to cost. The point is
that Yamaha make them or at the very least sell the die to someone
who will and that's all. I am not taking orders or make a profit out
of it, I am simply trying to build a voice loud enough that Yamaha
will take full notice of. I truly care deeply about the CS80, it is
the best synth ever made. I want these lush monsters to continue to
be a force in music for as long as possible. Yamaha are talking bums
on seats as you would expect, after all they are a business. Hence
they want to know how many ic's they need to make for it to be worth
their while. I'm just a synth tech trying to get something done
about it.

--- In yamahacs80@yahoogroups.com, Richard Atkinson <rga24@...>

<kent_spong@>