Archive of the former Yahoo!Groups mailing list: All about the Roland Jupiter-series

previous by date index next by date
  topic list next in topic

Subject: FW: [AH] Jupiter-6 fix update

From: "Verschut, Ricardo" <ricardo.verschut@...>
Date: 2000-08-30

-----Original Message-----
From: kennyb@... [mailto:kennyb@...]
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2000 11:12 PM
To: analogue@...
Subject: [AH] Jupiter-6 fix update

Hi AH,

I posted a few tips about JP-6 repair and then asked for help as
mine went out a few days later... thought I would give an update
on where I am at.

The problem:
VCO-2 on both voice boards always drifts out of tune by something
like a semitone. Pressing lock VCO1->VCO2 makes VCO2 lock on
perfectly. It does not matter whether mono/poly/split is on.
Its always the same.

What I did:
I did the full calibration procedure and looked around visually
to see if any of the cable harnesses were loose. The calibration
did not fix it, no cables were loose.

My threory:
I suspected that it is the CPU board that has the problem. The VCO2
offset is controlled from there. I could not find the problem and do
not have the full schematics so I had to bring it in.

Its at Roland being fixed by Tony (nice guy). He has found that
corrosion from the original battery (now replaced) has eaten
through the traces on the underside of the CPU board. There are
tons of things wrong with it. Its a big job.

Anyhow, I hope this helps someone.

Kenny B.