Archive of the former Yahoo!Groups mailing list: Yamaha CS80

Subject: Re: Kurzweil MIDIboard: poly pressure vs. CS-80

From: David Rogoff <david@...>
Date: 2008-04-07

oasysfan2 wrote:
> ftp://ftp.kurzweilmusicsystems.com/pub/Kurzweil/Pro_Products/Other_Pro_Products/Midiboard/MidiboardMG.pdf
>
> This is the ver. 3 manual, documenting all 48 parameters.

Thanks! It helps with two out of the three. The catch is that all the
parameter were re-ordered for v3. I found the Velocity Map and Pressure
Map, which I assume are the same:

Velocity Map: 1-4 (1 is default)
1 - linear
2 - curved map emphasize low velocities - designed to work with K250
3 - doubly-curved map, emphasizes high and low velocity
4 - small range map to deal with DX-7 screwed up response

Pressure Map - 1-2 (1 is default)
1 - "normal"
2 - requires more pressure to kick in, but less for max value

I can't find anything about After Pressure Mode. Any ideas? I guess
I'll hook up a MIDI monitor and see if I can figure it out.

By the way, is there any way to get hold of a v3 upgrade? Is it just a
ROM replacement? Anyone able to burn copies of the PROMs?

Thanks,

David