Archive of the former Yahoo!Groups mailing list: Korg Poly800/EX800 Users

  topic list next in topic

Subject: midi troubles..

From: Harvey Peekar <audaciouspen@...>
Date: 2013-05-15

hello all,

a little while back i had installed the hawk800 upgrade and was delighted to see that it still powered on after my novice installation process(not too many under my belt, but growing!).  the problem i've run into now is that i cant upload the boot program to get the thing running.  i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what i can use hardware/software wise to fix this problem.  i bought a cheap usb/midi cable that may be the problem, but im looking for guidance before dropping more money on guesses.

the cable i bought was an Alesis, and have read nothign but terrible reviews on it.  im also worried about the software im using, as i dont have access to windows2000.  any suggestions?  it would be really nice to find a librarian i could use to save/sort data from my other synths/drum machines as well..

Thanks all!

ianb