Archive of the former Yahoo!Groups mailing list: Korg Poly800/EX800 Users

Subject: Question about running the LFO's via MIDI time code or onboard sequencer

From: "korgpolyex800" <korgpolyex800@...>
Date: 2008-06-27

john.boys,

I have almost finished making the first LFO run in sync with the
onboard sequencer. However, I've found a little quirk that I should
have worked out earlier until now. So I need to bounce some ideas off
of you if you don't mind.

The MIDI sequencer time code handler works by moving the sequencer
forward one event after 6 MIDI time codes are received (this is normal
MIDI time code behavior).

However, (and this makes sense from an engineering point) the onboard
sequencer progresses forward one event each time the onboard sequencer
clock cycles.

This means that we can intercept the MIDI time codes and trigger the
LFO to oscillate six times faster than the onboard sequencer will.

I've looked at the math of the LFO's to see if I could increase the
oscillator speed by an exact factor of six so that the onboard
sequencer could run the LFO's at the same rate as MIDI time code but
the math just isn't going to work out for us.

Does this matter to you? Will you more likely use the LFO sync'ed up
to MIDI or to the onboard sequencer? Should I focus on oscillating the
LFO's from MIDI time code or from the onboard sequencer or will you
use both?

Mike.