Archive of the former Yahoo!Groups mailing list: Korg Poly800/EX800 Users

Subject: Re: [korgpolyex] Programm Write Switch

From: Atom Smasher <atom@...>
Date: 2007-02-04

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007, belochim wrote:

> I've seen some of the members have their program write switch put on top
> of their Poly 800's panell. I want to do that mod too because it's so
> much easier than having to reach around the back of the Poly. Can
> anybody tell me where to solder the switch for this? What kind of switch
> do I need?
>
> I tried a 3 pin switch and soldered it this way:
>
> oooooo
> ooo++o
>
> But this didn't do anything. Do I need a 6 pin switch instead?
===============================

it depends on how the switch is wired. you don't need more pines, you need
a diagram of what the pins do... or an electrical meter to figure out what
the pins do.

--
...atom

http://atom.smasher.org/
762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand.
The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat.
You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles.
The wireless is the same, only without the cat."
-- Albert Einstein