Archive of the former Yahoo!Groups mailing list: Korg Poly800/EX800 Users

Subject: Re: midi sync help

From: "Alexander" <arf_hotdogdeity@...>
Date: 2005-05-26

Set the poly to a different midi channel than the DD5, that should fix
the notes. and make sure the DD5 is outputting sync messages (some
machines let you turn it on and off)

--- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, russ <russdaren@y...> wrote:
> I do the same with my korg poly and an alesis HR16. You need to set
the poly to midi sync external, I think its param 88. The tricky part
is getting the midi clock but not the note triggers. Though sometimes
it sounds cool with the "ghost" notes.

> "iheartvinyl@n..." <iheartvinyl@n...> wrote:
> hey can anybody that has midi knowlege give me some help? i have a
yamaha dd5 drum machine that has midi out. i've figured out how to
trigger notes with the pads but i want to play a preset pattern on the
dd5 and sync the poly sequencer to that. is that possible?