[sdiy] Simple circuit challenge: |a-b|

Ashlyn Black ashlyn at ashlynblack.com
Fri Mar 22 03:26:34 CET 2024

(just in case the one with attachments doesn't survive the server)

https://tinyurl.com/22kh2v9n

Some distortion is okay, correct?

One version running off Eurorack tri-rail (+12V, -12V, +5V) by itself
and another if you're doing a whole bunch of them (mentioned) and you're
generating the bias voltages externally (smaller part count.)

1x op-amp (2 if you're buffering the output, nice for dual/quad op-amp
IC's)
6x 10k resistors (homogenize that BOM!)
1x NPN transistor

Select op-amp, transistor and resistors to taste. :3

- Ashlyn
(again, sorry if the first reply does make it through and this is a
double-up)