[sdiy] MIDI Clock sync advice

Florian Anwander fanwander at mnet-online.de
Thu Mar 21 11:28:14 CET 2024

We use something similar

the masterclock sends on each bar a noteoff command for note 127 with
release velocity 1 (its quite unlikely that your receivers would use
this note...)
the clock slaves uses that data to reset the clock division (the slaves
have a pause/restart mode anyway).

That way to can join the MIDI cable chain at any moment and get then the
begin of the next bar - even if the start command already is over.

Florian