[sdiy] MIDI Clock sync advice

Adam (synthDIY) synthdiy at adambaby.com
Wed Mar 20 00:04:13 CET 2024

> On 20 Mar 2024, at 6:19 am, Chromatest J. Pantsmaker <chromatest at chromatest.net> wrote:
>
> Ableton Link provides both Tempo and Phrasing, so it will always start your sequencer at the beginning of a bar of the master clock.
>
> I think there is a solid market for an Ableton Link to MIDI device, but nobody makes one yet.  The standalone hardware devices out there only take Ableton Link and output triggers/gates.

This sounds interesting. I wasn't aware of this thing.

Anyone joining has their start time delayed to the start of the next bar, right? Nice!
Looks like anyone on the network can change the tempo at any time!! Oh dear..
Sounds like it has a lot of potential for jazz!!
In terms of jitter, I wonder how it stacks up against the Innerclock litmus test gallery?