[sdiy] MIDI Clock sync advice

Gordonjcp gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Mon Mar 11 20:58:17 CET 2024

On Fri, Mar 08, 2024 at 06:46:35PM -0500, Benjamin Tremblay via Synth-diy wrote:
> This is inspiring.
> I tried a number of ideas using arduino mega and teensy. But I was trying to get a clock from a Boss DR-202 playing one of the Latin presets and it was just spraying out 32nd note rolls with unfiltered CC messages and yes, the arduino midi buffer got twerked.
> As always, really interesting discussion here, thanks.
> Benjamin Tremblay

Avoid using the Arduino libraries, they're painfully slow because they're layer upon layer upon layer of redirection and shimming and footering and faffing.

Handle the MIDI buffer yourself - handle the serial interrupt yourself. Handle 0xF8 as the very first thing you check for on receiving a MIDI byte.

--
Gordonjcp