[sdiy] MIDI Clock sync advice

brianw brianw at audiobanshee.com
Fri Mar 8 23:59:42 CET 2024

PLLs are still a bit of a mystery to me, including software and hardware PLL and DPLL.

That said, any successful implementation would probably have some sort of hardware timing reference that gets tweaked from software. Basically, the solution will not be pure software, and thus the solution will depend upon the timing hardware that you have. You mentioned the PIC18F in another message, and that chip has several timers. I'm fairly certain that your sequencer timing would be based on one (or more?) hardware timer peripherals, and then the "PLL" would tweak the period of that timer.

I'll have more to say in reply to your message about the PIC18F platform...

Brian