[sdiy] MIDI Clock sync advice

DIY DSP diydsp at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 8 17:52:33 CET 2024

I've done this the "easy" way with a software PLL, and the hard way with a Kalman filter.  Technically what you need depends on the noise/error profile of the source clock.But start with the software PLL.. On every 4th input clock, use the error to update the phase and period of the output clock.For this application, since the signals will converge very quickly relative to how often they chance, I recommend using only the P term from the PID to compute the error and reset the phase of the output clock on the spot to the input clock.

Noah Vawter's futuristic electronic music instrument lab: youtube.com/diydsp