[sdiy] Digital is more analog than analog... and it has 319 dB headroom...

Gordonjcp gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Mon Mar 4 17:27:49 CET 2024

On Mon, Mar 04, 2024 at 11:12:47AM +0000, Mike Bryant wrote:

> Anybody care to name this brand ?
>
> Whilst I'd trust most of the audio equipment I've designed to run for more than two decades, and indeed a lot of it is, I certainly wouldn't trust either the power supply or the software to run continuously for such a long time.

I doubt it's TOA, but I've got some 20-year-old TOA 100V line Tannoy amps still in service that have been running 24/7 since they were fitted. The ones that are only ten years old are modern enough to have little DSP card that takes a CF card with samples on it, that you can play back by grounding pins.

--
Gordonjcp