[sdiy] Digital is more analog than analog... and it has 319 dB headroom...

Terry Bowman ka4hjh at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 00:57:32 CET 2024

> On Mar 2, 2024, at 6:41 PM, grant musictechnologiesgroup.com <grant at musictechnologiesgroup.com> wrote:
>
> http://www.cse.msu.edu/~cse470/Public/Handouts/Therac/Therac_1.html <http://www.cse.msu.edu/~cse470/Public/Handouts/Therac/Therac_1.html>

Plainly Difficult has a number of vides concerning radiotherapy machines, along with all of the usual nuclear follies:

https://www.youtube.com/@PlainlyDifficult/playlists <https://www.youtube.com/@PlainlyDifficult/playlists>

The best ones are of course instances of improper disposal of said machines. Co60 rods typically end up all over town, gonads fall off, etc.

I made up that last part.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com

"It's a bit like saying we have a bit of a poor design for the engine in our jet or rocket-ship but we have a sensor that will tell us if it's on fire."—James Cameron explaining how not to design a submersible