[sdiy] Does anybody have an opinion on Siglent scopes ?

charlie charlie at finitemonkeys.com
Fri Mar 1 22:59:06 CET 2024

my siglent dsox2002a and a few others have had issues with the flash being
corrupted or some such, basically if its been off a while it won't boot.
there is a thread on eevblog about it. if you are lucky and you can get it
to boot after a few power cycles and are able to reflash the firmware it
seems to fix the issue, i just reflashed mine a week ago so i am seeing if
it will still boot after a week or two off.

it is meant to be a free send in repair if it happens, but i did see people
saying they'd been told it'd be a  fairly significant charge , there is a
recall/service note number with it,.