[sdiy] Does anybody have an opinion on Siglent scopes ?

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Fri Mar 1 00:59:56 CET 2024

I've got one, and I don't like it. I've got the SDS1104X-E.

I bought it in a hurry because my previous Owon scope died and I was in the middle of a project. My complaints are:

1) It has a noisy fan which is tiring to have to listen to, and the last thing I need when I'm trying to work on audio tech.
2) The interface is terrible. Whereas the Owon had one or two quirks, but was generally easy to navigate, this thing is hard to use. The software has bugs. Thus far, I've only found harmless ones, like values that aren't updated correctly on the display until you go to a different page and then go back.
3) No instructions to speak of. Which would be fine if it wasn't for (2)

It all speaks to me of a product that was not well-thought out and was rushed out of the door. It's a great shame because in terms of specs/price ratio, it's a good buy. But the Owon was much better in every way except bandwidth and number of channels.

Tom