[sdiy] Synth Electronics

Florian Anwander fanwander at mnet-online.de
Tue Apr 9 10:46:25 CEST 2024

Hello Paulo,

I started with the Elektor Formant. It is from the seventies and a lot
of lessons have been learned in the meantime, nevertheless I find it
helpful:
https://florian-anwander.de/formant/Formant_engl.pdf

Also I learned a lot (really a lot) from the service manuals. Especially
the service manuals for Roland synths from the late seventies early
eighties contain a lot of explanation how the circuits work:
http://www.synfo.nl/pages/servicemanuals.html

Read the Jupiter-6 /JP-6 service manual for a VCO-Synth
Read the JX-3P service manual for a DCO-Synth
Read the TR-808 service manual for an analogue drum machine

If you download at synfo.nl, don't  hesitate to donate (Rob Senso, the
owner is one of the good guys).

Also Tom Wiltshire aka electric druid has a lot of functional analysises
on his pages: https://electricdruid.net/articles/
Tom is also active here.

Florian