[sdiy] Synth Electronics

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Tue Apr 9 08:48:05 CEST 2024

You're an IC design engineer and your asking for Electronotes? Which I
believe was destined for begginer amateurs?
I always thought IC design was the top of the top of electronic design,
so you already know it all anyway.
BTW you don't need advanced analog circuitry for a synth. Advanced
starts above 1GHz. Most of it is DC.

IMHO you are approaching it from the wrong side. If getting rich with
super synth is your starting point you might look closer to Uli
Behringer career and follow this path.

Read the books that were already mentioned, but they cover what you
already had in school (or not, I don't know what they teach today). But
most of all, utilize the enthusiasm that you undoubtfully express, to
make any basic small synth. Don't be affraid to do it wrong, try
different ideas, and do it quick. You will learn a lot making it, so
next one will be 10x better. By the time you gain all the expertise to
make a supersynth, you may become a grumpy old guy who doesn't give a
damn about synths anymore.

Roman