[sdiy] LCD hot rodding

grenert grenert at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 17:29:40 CEST 2024

I am not familiar with this specific 16x2 display, but I've had success
with this line of VFD displays for replacement of old LCDs.  HD44780
compatible.
https://www.noritake-elec.com/products/vfd-display-module/character-display/cu-u-series

It'll make your Linn look like Ensoniq ;)

On a modern instrument, it might draw a lot more current than the original
display, but on an old device like your Linn, the old backlight was
probably a power hog anyway.
-J. P.