[sdiy] Negative-going triggers in the Boss DR-110 drum machine - Why?

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Fri Sep 29 15:34:46 CEST 2023

You all seem to agree that it's down to the feeble output power of the processors ports, which makes PNP transistors a better bet, and that necessitates the negative-going pulses.

On a modern processor with much more powerful outputs we could presumably (I'll have to check the currents) drop the PNPs too and use positive triggers, saving even a few more parts.

Many thanks!