[sdiy] Negative-going triggers in the Boss DR-110 drum machine - Why?

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Fri Sep 29 13:42:53 CEST 2023

The microcontroller data ports don't have enough oomph to quickly charge
(via 220R resistor) the envelope/decay capacitor of every voice so it
had to be boosted by PNP transistor, hence the need for active-low
pulses. If there was enough juice in the micro pins, they would have
used positive pulses and a diode instead.

Roman