[sdiy] What do people use for matched transistors these days?

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Fri Sep 15 20:52:21 CEST 2023

Odd.  I took one apart some years ago (when it was still NXP) and you could see it was two transistors on a single die.  Different part number but I suppose using single transistor die saves a processing step to isolate the transistors and that is more expensive then the extra pick and place step at packaging.

But provided they are from the same wafer, and will probably be from the same part of the wafer in fact, then they still should be well matched.  You wouldn't program the pick and place to take die randomly.