[sdiy] What do people use for matched transistors these days?

Scott Bernardi scottbernardi55 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 01:33:10 CEST 2023

Right now I'm looking at matched pnp's, suitable for a VCO.  Something like
the THAT-320 quad pnp would be ideal, but they are kind of pricey. The quad
is nice because you have an extra matched transistor you can use for high
frequency tracking adjustment.

I ordered some BCM856's to see how they will pan out.  I think the VBE
match will be good enough, I'm wondering about the base resistance that
causes deviation from ideal log conformance.

For npn's, THAT-300 or MAT14 are the best, also pricey.