[sdiy] Yamaha CVP900 Clavinova piano needs obsolete DAC chip Burr Brown PCM1702..

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Tue Nov 28 10:13:08 CET 2023

That used to be top specs DAC in previous millenium.
Its datasheet was geek's equivalent of a porn magazine.
What I would do is take any modern audio DAC, say PCM1753 and add a
microcontroller to translate serial interfaces. Might be difficult if
Clavinova utilizes high oversampling rate, but if it's around 50ksps, it
seems doable.
OTOH making such retrofit will definitely cost more than buying even 2
vintage PCM1702.
However, if Clavinovw feeds it with 24-bit words and not just 20, it
might be doable without any translation, just a little abusement and PLL
generated system clock.

Roman