[sdiy] Korg KR-55 drum machine query

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Mon Nov 13 19:10:04 CET 2023

Hi René,

This is a good guess. Putting 1.8n instead of 8.1n gives much more realistic figures.

The average k now including that line comes out at 696,909, and putting that back in for the others gives:

Required Freq	Required R	Midpoint R
272 Hz	116.5K	125 K
8529 Hz	45.4K	49 K
633 Hz	121.0K	125 K
9073 Hz	51.2K	49 K
1458 Hz	144.8K	125 K
13500 Hz	51.6K	49 K
731 Hz	127.1K	125 K
3946 Hz	117.7K	125 K

So you can see that the 8529Hz is now very close to its midpoint value, right where you'd want it.

That 1458Hz is still right at one end of the trimmer, but I suspect that's actually like that.

Thanks,
Tom

       Electric Druid
Synth & Stompbox DIY