[sdiy] Shifting just intonation

Didier Leplae didierleplae at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 5 05:52:07 CET 2023

As far as I understand, the biggest problem with just intonation scales, is that they are based around one tonal center or fundamental.
However, with modern electronic instruments, it seems possible to create an instrument that could retune to each new fundamental.

I know that Wendy Carlos did some recordings utilizing a system like this.

I’m curious if people know of other examples.

Also, curious if people have thoughts/ideas on tackling this problem.