[sdiy] SE01 Sound Effects Kit board

Terry Bowman ka4hjh at gmail.com
Wed May 31 18:47:16 CEST 2023

> On May 31, 2023, at 3:43 AM, Eric Frampton <eric at ericframpton.com> wrote:
>
> Found this.

*snip*

> I’m pretty sure I've still got all my Popular Electronics issues from 1980, but I’m on the road for another month so I can’t scan it directly right now. I recall that around that same time PE published a kit using that chip. Remind me in a month or so and I'll go digging when I get home.

Thanks to your heads-up I was able to find ads for it:

https://worldradiohistory.com/hd2/IDX-Consumer/Archive-Poptronics-IDX/search.cgi?zoom_sort=0&zoom_xml=0&zoom_query=SE-01+Sound+Effects&zoom_cat%5B%5D=-1&zoom_cat%5B%5D=3&zoom_per_page=10 <https://worldradiohistory.com/hd2/IDX-Consumer/Archive-Poptronics-IDX/search.cgi?zoom_sort=0&zoom_xml=0&zoom_query=SE-01+Sound+Effects&zoom_cat[]=-1&zoom_cat[]=3&zoom_per_page=10>

I wonder if there was an article about it somewhere, not just the advertisements. I'm sure I saw this at the time but I have no memory of it or Bullet Electronics.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com

"I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate.

"All those moments will be lost in time like tears in the rain.

"Time to die"— Roy Batty, Blade Runner