[sdiy] Yamaha P50-m inner reverb effect low level issue..

Mr&MrsAccount hbissell at wowway.com
Wed May 31 14:39:05 CEST 2023

paint?   you guys have PAINT?

-----Original Message-----

From: Roman <modular at go2.pl>
To: Ingo <igg.debus at gmail.com>; Synth-diy <synth-diy at synth-diy.org>
Date: Monday, 29 May 2023 7:26 AM EDT
Subject: Re: [sdiy] Yamaha P50-m inner reverb effect low level issue..

W dniu 2023-05-29 o 12:49, Ingo Debus via Synth-diy pisze:
>> someone replaced big axial electrolytic with tiny radial one,
>
> Is there something wrong with radial caps (besides aesthetics)? Of
> course newer electrolytics are smaller than ancient ones. That’s not
> necessarily a bad thing.

If radial leads are spread like this, a few cm both sides, it does not
have any mechanical strength anymore. OK, you may glue the cap, but
still it's messy job and tells a lot about cutting corners everywhere.

for me it's equivalent of painting the synth panel with poo-poo color
paint and wrtiting all markings on it with a sharpie.

Roman