[sdiy] SE01 Sound Effects Kit board

Eric Frampton eric at ericframpton.com
Wed May 31 09:43:57 CEST 2023

Found this.

https://archive.org/stream/PopularElectronics/PopularElectronics1980-09_djvu.txt
--

Sound Effects Kit $18.S0

The SE-01 Sound Effects Kit is a complete kit; all you need to build
a programmable sound effects machine except a battery and
speaker. Our kit is designed to really ring out the Tl 76477 Sound
Chip. Only the SE-01 provides you with additional circuitry that
includes a PULSE GENERATOR, MUX OSCILLATOR and
COMPARITOR to make more complex sounds a snap. We help
you in building the kit with a clear, easy-to-follow construction
manual and we show you how to easily program the unit. Other
dealers will sell you the chip or a "kit" of parts but you are on your
own to do the most difficult part., make neat sounds! Within a short
time after you build the SE-01 you can easily create Gunshots,
Explosions, Space Sounds, Steam Trains and much more. We
think the Bullet SE-01 is the best deal on the market but don’t ask
us, — ask the 15,000 happy SE-01 owners!

Complete Kit With Quality Plated PC Board $18.50
(Less battery & speaker)

Users Group Notes; Includes additional programminq\fc^
charts plus quarterly updates $5.00

—

I’m pretty sure I've still got all my Popular Electronics issues from 1980, but I’m on the road for another month so I can’t scan it directly right now. I recall that around that same time PE published a kit using that chip. Remind me in a month or so and I'll go digging when I get home.