[sdiy] Yamaha P50-m inner reverb effect low level issue..

Jean-Pierre Desrochers jpdesroc at oricom.ca
Sun May 28 18:04:12 CEST 2023

I just bought a nice Yamaha P50-m MIDI Piano sounds module for cheap.

I know this is a 90's module so beware of any electrolytic caps in it..
But anyway,

I do experience a weak effect's level  when using the P50-m 'REVERB SEND'
button..

If I want some reverb applied to the active voice I have to crank the REVERB
SEND setting to max (127)

to hear some reveb effect..

I read the P50-m uses cheap BBD IC's for the inside reverb..

I checked all the inner electrolytic's ESR values and they all have correct
values so.

So does anybody who have/had one of these module had this problem ?

Thanks for replying.