[sdiy] Glowing diode on Casio CT-510 analog board?

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Tue May 23 14:38:40 CEST 2023

Yes, the JP8, one of very few synths showing active voices.
It helps a lot during service or calibration.
Some synths provide at least pin header with gates of individual voices,
but most of the time it's just "naah, take a guess, we don't care about
service people, stab a scope probe somewhere and burn $50 vintage chip
by accidental short ha ha ha!"

You can see those JP8 LEDs clearly in my flying drone video about JP8
playing all voices unisono:
https://youtu.be/uXSFF9qfDTY

Roman