[sdiy] Free HonkyTonk piano samples on the web ??? Anybody ?

Jean-Pierre Desrochers jpdesroc at oricom.ca
Mon May 22 03:05:55 CEST 2023

The metalic sounding piano I’m looking for is like the one
Keith Emerson played on the last part of his ELP song ‘The Sheriff’`.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGtJ7G0BLAk

And as Chris suggested :
>> Try layering two piano samples and detune them generously against each other. Instant honky tonk.

I did that and had a kind of chorusing piano sound at the end.. Not quite what I expected..
Maybe the detuning I used was not enough detuned..