[sdiy] Prophet 5 rev2 conundrum

Terry Bowman ka4hjh at gmail.com
Fri May 12 19:51:47 CEST 2023

> On May 12, 2023, at 5:35 AM, Roman Sowa <modular at go2.pl> wrote:
>
> A broken track or solder joint is the most difficult fault to find.
> Especially when the PCB is the size of Wyoming with milion solder joints.

I used to work cable TV line extenders. There was a Jerrold power supply with a stud mounted bridge rectifier bolted to the chassis. The leads came up through holes on the PC board. The holes had hollow rivets/eyelets to protect the traces. I spent many hours trying to find an intermittent and in the end it turned out to be a loose eyelet. It looked perfect, had a ton of solder on it.

Or have I told this story before? Hmm...

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com

"In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king"—Max Payne
"In regione caecorum rex est luscus"—Desiderius Erasmus