[sdiy] Prophet 5 rev2 conundrum

Michael E Caloroso mec.forumreader at gmail.com
Fri May 12 06:34:04 CEST 2023

Similar to the problem I found in my OB-SX.  The main board would randomly
crash and it was secured by spacers and nuts to integrated standoffs.  I
noticed one of the spacers was shorter than the others.  Replaced it with
one the same length as the others, and it stopped crashing.  The shorter
spacer was flexing the board enough to wreak havoc.

Continuity checks are so simple but so overlooked.  We tend to focus on
more complicated causes.

MC