[sdiy] Prophet 5 rev2 conundrum

Gordonjcp gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Wed May 3 23:02:46 CEST 2023

On Wed, May 03, 2023 at 09:29:10AM -0700, g m montalbano via Synth-diy wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who's replied. I'm going to put this thing aside for
> while to search for a suitable scope & work on some of the other work
> that's piling up here.
> ~GMM

Why not just record the output of the mux that feeds the tuning comparator with any sort of recorder you have lying around?

It's all just audio.

Grab it with a PC soundcard, see what it looks like.

IIRC it uses a pair of 4051 muxes to select the Tune lines from each VCO, with one having all eight used and the other only two.

I bet you find one of those 4051s has dropped an output.

--
Gordonjcp