[sdiy] Prophet 5 rev2 conundrum

Randel Osborne randel at redshift-consulting.com
Wed May 3 15:53:56 CEST 2023

It’s a long shot, but look for DC offset.

I’ve seen bad 4501s seem to operate normally, yet introduce a small DC offset in the output.

Audio will pass, and you will see/hear a waveform, but the DC offset may not allow the zero crossing to happen in the auto tune.

I try to leave my scope in DC mode when working on synths for just this reason.

-Randel