[sdiy] Where to find a suitable power regulator insulator bushing for a Prophet 10?

Steve Lenham steve at bendentech.co.uk
Thu Mar 23 10:18:07 CET 2023

I've seen that from time to time on other US-made stuff - it's just an
alternative to the shoulder washer technique.

TBH, anything made of plastic that fits should be suitable. The voltages
present are relatively low in insulation terms, so high resistance is
not a requirement - it just needs to not be a conductor. And the maximum
heatsink temperature must surely be only 80C or so (hopefully lower,
though I understand the early Prophets run pretty hot) or the regulators
would be shutting down, so you're only looking for a material that could
survive in boiling water without liquifying.

Get a suitably-dimensioned nylon spacer and Bob's your uncle
(translation for non-UK readers: that'll be fine).

Cheers,

Steve L.