[sdiy] Niche ACM-1 how's this thing work?

Steve Lenham steve at bendentech.co.uk
Thu Mar 23 10:03:38 CET 2023

Paraphrased from one of the Jim Williams books; change gender according
to taste:

"An engineer and a computer scientist are working in the lab one evening
when a beautiful woman appears at the doorway and promises that she will
halve the distance between herself and them every 30 seconds. 'Oh no!'
says the computer scientist, 'she will never reach us'. 'Maybe not',
replies the engineer, 'but she will get close enough'."

You are both right - all that differs is your individual definitions of
what is "right enough" when making a statement. Roman is happy if it is
right enough to be useful to other engineers capable of filling in their
own detail, while Brian likes material to be right enough to carve into
a stone tablet and use to re-establish civilisation after a devastating
asteroid strike.

Diff'rent strokes...we get it.

Steve L ;-)