[sdiy] Niche ACM-1 how's this thing work?

brianw brianw at audiobanshee.com
Tue Mar 21 17:25:47 CET 2023

Not every DAC has a flat, 20 kHz bandwidth response to signals applied to its Vref input. Hell, not even every op-amp guarantees flat audio response across the full range of inputs. Fortunately, for op-amps, we have over 10,000 different models to choose from. Not so much for DAC chips. So, you can't really use "any" DAC chip for this, without even mentioning the type of DAC.

Brian