[sdiy] Niche ACM-1 how's this thing work?

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Tue Mar 21 16:03:30 CET 2023

With a 10 bit MDAC or DPOT, any zipper noise should be 60dB down on full house.  Now of course we don't operate at full house so you have to take your headroom off that but chosen carefully it shouldn't be hugely annoying.  But if it is there are some DPOTS with zero crossing switching included so they only change gain as you pass through zero, eliminating most annoyances.