[sdiy] New cute "Microcontrollers" - STM32U with integrated GPU for UIs (+math accel + analog stuff)

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Sat Mar 4 12:43:51 CET 2023

________________________________
Steve via Synth-diy <synth-diy at synth-diy.or

> Whoa! Looking into that (but using a modest Pi Zero) I have had on my todo list for a whlie...
How much pain is it to get into bare metal development on that thing, compared to STM32 or PIC?

Look at the Circle bare metal system designed by Rene Strange.  It's not an RTOS, but provides a lot of support so you can get up running in minutes.  There's even a basic synth and a MIDI controller as examples on his webpage.  He actually added quite a few bits for me, for example supporting multiple MIDI controllers over USB.